Sunday, October 2, 2011

FAWNING OVER FORNASETTI

Ever since I saw the striking Fornasetti plates decoratively displayed in Grace Adler's living room (that's Grace of Will and Grace), I've lusted after the Italian decor. My small collection consists of three plates, currently hanging on my bedroom wall. (In my opinion, these are too beautiful and pricey to eat off of). My dream is to eventually have a display like Grace's.

Italian artist, Piero Fornasetti, took one image and reinvented it in multiple ways. The most famous of Fornasetti's works was his interpretation of opera singer, Lina Cavalieri. Upon seeing her picture in a 19th century French magazine, Cavalieri became Fornasetti's muse and inspiration. Today, there are 350 variations of Cavalieri's face in Fornasetti's work, making it hard to choose which one is my favorite. More Fornasetti, here and here.



 The inspiration (a still from Will and Grace below)

Fornasetti in my bedroom

A gorgeous kitchen, featured in Elements of Style.


Fornasetti in the kitchen on Design-Crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment