Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK

Who doesn't love a chocolate chip cookie? The one that's soft and chewy on the inside with a bit of crunch on the outside. It seems every baker has techniques they use to get the perfect cookie. I was once told that if you add more sugar and a bit less flour than the recipe calls for, you'll get a crunchier, thinner cookie. Another baker said that she adds more liquid (water, egg, or milk) to the dough which makes the cookies puff up more.

I'm a sucker for any kind of sweet, but I think in the next few weeks I'll try my hand at these chocolate chip cookie recipes. Each claim to be the best. I'll let you know which one I choose!


Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (I've made these and they are indeed fantastic)

No comments:

Post a Comment