Saturday, July 9, 2011

GAGA FOR GWYNETH

To those who know me, it's no secret that I adore Gwyneth Paltrow. What can't that woman do? When I heard she had a cookbook though, I was a bit skeptical. After trying out a few recipes from GOOP (Gwynnie's weekly newsleter), I bought the cookbook and can honestly say it was completely worth buying. Aside from the variety of recipes, the personal stories really make it a special cookbook and tell a story about the love between a father and daughter.


Tonight I made roasted tomatoes, one of the easiest recipes out of Paltrow's cookbook, "My Father's Daughter," and mixed them into a frittata as suggested in the cookbook. They are also delicious added to a green salad. I like making these after I get home from work and letting them shrivel up in the oven for hours. By the time I'm going to bed, these are done and ready for tomorrow night's dinner.



Gwyneth’s Slow Roasted Tomatoes
Vine-ripened tomatoes
Olive oil
Kosher salt

-Preheat the oven to 275°F.
-Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally or in thick slices (what I did). Rub with a tiny bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt, and bake, seed side up, in a 275° oven for 3–5 hours, or until they look nearly sun dried (the edges will be caramelized and the moisture will be almost entirely evaporated).
-These keep, well refrigerated in an airtight container with a bit of olive oil, for at least a week, so make a whole bunch at once.
My Before

My After

A few of my favorite Gwyneth snapshots. I love the still from Sliding Doors, one of my all-time favorite movies. If you haven't seen it, go rent it now! It will instantly put you in a good mood. Also love the old-school pics of Gwyneth and Brad Pitt with their matching haircuts!













No comments:

Post a Comment